Saturday 16 August 2014

Fresh chilli and green garlic pasta with prawns

Homegrown green garlic, red chilli's and (unfortunately not homegrown) lemon for my easy pasta dish

This is a simple recipe that I knocked up on a weekday evening, as I had just harvested my first tiny red chilli's from my chilli plant (huge excitment). I also had some fresh baby green garlic (sort of like a garlic flavoured spring onion) from the garden that I wanted to use. I didn't follow a recipe, it was just a case of throwing in a bit of this and bit of that, but below is roughly what I did. You could add some creme fraiche too if you wanted to make a creamier sauce. Spinach might be nice also- it's a really versatile recipe- just throw in what you fancy or what you have knocking around in the fridge! It was a nice light and fresh pasta dish, and couldn't be simpler.

1 small red chilli, chopped finely
A bulb or two of fresh green garlic (normal garlic will do if you haven't got this) chopped finely
Good glug of olive oil (enough to lightly coat all the pasta)
Spaghetti or Linguini
1 zest of a lemon
Bunch of fresh parsley, chopped finely
250g prawns (or as many as you want)
Salt & pepper

Boil the pasta in salted water (the salt is essential- any cook will tell you). Add the chilli, garlic and olive oil to a pan, and heat over a medium heat for a minute. Add in the prawns and cook for a couple of minutes until hot right through. Add the cooked pasta when it's ready, and stir through, making sure it's completely coated in the oil. Add the lemon zest and fresh parsley and remove from the heat. Season to taste, and finish with a bit more fresh parsley and lemon zest on the top. Super simple supper!


No comments:

Post a Comment