Sunday 7 September 2014

Sunday Roast (on a Saturday...)



So we roasted a chicken last Saturday, and it looked so great that I had to take a few pictures. Chicken is such an underestimated meat in my opinion; people tend to think of it as a bit of a safe and boring option. To me, roast chicken with the trimmings and bread sauce (essential), is once of the best things in life, and the possibilities with the left overs are endless. Crispy, salty chicken skin, is without doubt, one of the best things going. My family will tell you I have a habit of literally eating all the skin (much to their annoyance)- it's my favourite part.

We added a halved lemon and a bunch of thyme into the cavity of our chicken, and scattered some around the outside too, poured on a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper, rubbed it all in, and then just roasted it for around an hour and a half, letting it rest for a good 20/30 mins.  I would describe this recipe as a bit of a lazy boys roast, because there's no real faffing around with it, it's just really simple and fail-safe.We had ours with roasted veg and peas (we were being a bit lazy), and of course bread sauce and gravy. Yum!









   

No comments:

Post a Comment