Wednesday 12 November 2014

The Beauty of the Pancake.




This evening I made pancakes and they were great. That's pretty much all I have to say on the matter, but I felt so passionately about my pancakes, that I decided to add a photo and a little writing to my blog- an 'Ode to the Pancake' if you like.

Pancakes are the cheapest of sweet treats to make, and so easy, with the ingredients usually to be found in any cook's store cupboard (flour, eggs, milk, butter, oil). I'm not going to tell you how to make a pancake, because the chances are if you're reading this you're a keen foodie/cook and have made hundreds of pancakes before, and if you're not, then just google a recipe (a pancakes a pancake to be honest). But what I will say is that the next time you find yourself wondering what dessert to make for a dinner party, go down the hot pancake route. They're not particularly glamorous and are pretty humble, but they are so more-ish and comforting, that they will always go down a storm with everyone. They are also the perfect pudding to follow a Sunday roast, as you can make it as light or heavy as you want through different toppings, and they are still fairly traditional.

I like my pancakes really thin and crispy, fried in butter and piping hot, served with vanilla ice cream and maple syrup (got to be maple...none of this golden syrup, it's too claggy). That combination of hot buttery pancake and cold ice cream is just what life is all about. Serious comfort food!

No comments:

Post a Comment